Shade trees can make buildings up to 20 degrees cooler in the summer. TreesAreGood.com
Employers – Why hire an apprentice?
- The apprentice is typically in school for 6 week increments per level
- Improve your company and the industry by mentoring a new apprentice
- Increase the skill set of your business
- Provide your customers with an experienced educated crew
- Eligible to receive Federal and/or Provincial tax credits per year
- For more information on the available tax credits, click here.
- Apprentice Job Match - a useful tool to connect employers with apprentices
Steps to Become a Sponsor
- You must meet three basic eligibility requirements
- Must be a legal entity (e.g. company or organization) which employs an individual who is a Certified Tradesperson or has Sign-Off Authority
- Must be registered with the Industry Training Authority (ITA)
- Assume responsibilities as shown on ITA's website '6 Steps to Success'
- Not a Certified Tradesperson, or have Sign-Off Authority?
- Complete the Apprentice and Sponsor Registration Form and mail or fax to ITA (contact info is on the form)
- Ensure your apprentice registers with the appropriate training provider and fills out an Apprenticeship Registration form. Click here to for a list and information on training providers.
- Fill out the Work-Based Training Report and submit to ITA on a quarterly basis
- Notify your accountant / bookkeeper that you are taking on an Apprentice. You are eligible to receive up to $4000 in Federal and/or Provincial tax credit or higher per year. Click here for details
- Contact ITA Customer Service for any assistance
- (778) 328.8700
- 1 (866) 606.6011
- For information about becoming a sponsor for a Dairy Production Technician apprentice, go to http://dairyprobc.ca/.