Apprentices will learn the latest technology and best practices during their technical training to not only increase their own skill but also that of existing employees. “Canadian Apprenticeship Forum”
Why become an apprentice?
- Typically you are only in school for 6 weeks per level – then you work the rest of the year
- There are tax benefits available to apprentices – starting at $1000 per completed level
Do you have a sponsor/employer?
HEBC can act as your sponsor to assist you, as a new apprentice, with registration to the Industry Training Authority (ITA) of British Columbia. This sponsorship will last for one year upon registration with ITA. HEBC cannot sign off on your work-based hours. So it is important to transfer sponsorship to your new employer as soon as possible. HEBC can help you through the process of changing to a new sponsor, when such a time arises.
Program Financial Support for Apprentices
- For information on Financial Assistance available to apprentices, click here.
Click on the links to the left for detailed information on the different apprenticeship programs;
- Arboriculturist Apprenticeship
- Dairy Apprenticeship
- Landscape Horticulturist Apprenticeship
- Production Horticulturist Apprenticeship
- Utility Arborist Apprenticeship